I love eat oranges and all manner of similar citrus whenever possible in addition to freshly squeezed orange juice, and I certainly love strawberry banana smoothies, so I thought, why not make an orange julius strawberry banana smoothie recipe? Well sure enough, I did!
Now I love to experiment with smoothie recipes, and I encourage you to do the same, so I wanted to put a little tangy twist on the popular and ubiquitous strawberry banana smoothie recipe. Now as many of you may or may not know, orange julius was originally an old fashioned “juice stand” that sprang up around the 1920’s on the west coast of the U.S.
Since then it has been bought out and expanded upon, but it has always remained famous for its “orange julius” which is known for its mixture of orange juice, milk, sugar, ice, and vanilla flavoring.
This orange julius smoothie recipe is going to be a little bit different as it incorporates strawberries and bananas, which is not typical for the largely orange flavored drink, but I think it tastes delicious, and I think you will too! Let’s get to it!
Orange Julius Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup or 3-4 large fresh strawberries
- 1 whole banana in frozen chunks
- 1 cup non fat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
- 1 tsp of organic Stevia for a safe and natural 0 calorie sweetener
- Pour your freshly squeezed orange juice into the blender
- Then add in your non fat vanilla greek yogurt
- Put in your stevia and vanilla flavoring
- Then toss in your fresh strawberries
- Finally, add in your frozen banana chunks
- Blend until desired consistency
Servings (yield) : 2-3 generous servings
Notes : This is not a traditional orange julius or orange julius smoothie, but I used the “core” things that distinguish an orange julius, which is the dairy, the orange juice, and the vanilla flavor (kind of like a drinkable orange creamsicle) and combined it with the familiar smoothie combo of strawberry and banana. I hope you enjoy it!
This Recipe is brought to you by www.bestsmoothierecipes.org